Monday, December 22, 2008

Dear Chloe,

You will soon be 9 months old. I wish I had started this sooner, but I suppose by the time you are able to read you will have so much to catch up on, that you won't mind that I got a late start. It is my hope to document our days here. Our fun times, your milestones, your favorite things and all the random and monotonous things we will share.

Today was an interesting day... Auntie Kels is here, since it is her Christmas break. We didn't really have plans for the day, thank the Lord, because you were a bit of a grouch... I don't know if you weren't feeling very well, or if your two bottom front teeth will soon make an appearance. Whatever the cause, you weren't your normal self today. That's okay. We have far more good days than bad, so I'll let it slide today, sweetie pie... :) I just hope you haven't scared Auntie Kels off...

You are really enjoying all of the Christmas books Granny M bought for you. You absolutely love Frosty the Snowman. We sing it several times a day. Last night you were so excited and talking (well, your version of talking, anyway...) up a storm when we read Frosty that daddy came in from the family room to see what you were doing! He could hear you carrying on and just had to come see what you were up to.

We read together before your naps and at bedtime, and you really enjoy it. I'm praying that you love to read like I did, and still do. It sure makes school easier and more enjoyable when you like to read. Every night before bed we read a few stories from a children's Bible. You really enjoy the Bible stories, and so do I. We have already read through two different versions, and I have a feeling we will be starting a new one in a couple of days... Maybe on the 25th... I cherish our times of reading together, especially reading God's Word. I pray it will instill in you a desire to be in His Word daily.

I love you, Chloe Earlene.

Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment