Sunday, December 27, 2009

Dear Chloe,

Hi Little Miss!

Three months have passed since I last wrote, and I thought I had better get over here. A lot has happened, and I don't want to leave anything out!

You are talking a lot now. It is so cute! Some things sound perfectly clear, like cookie, for instance... You like your cookies. You say na for banana. Nulk for milk. Nee for music. Cruck for truck. I can't remember what you were saying today, but you were very emphatic and I had no idea what you were saying or what you wanted. I'm sure there is much more of that to come.

You celebrated your second Christmas just a couple of days ago. It was a very fun, and LONG morning! Grandma and Grandpa K. and Grandma and Grandpa W. were here along with Auntie Kels and Uncle Matt. You received ALL of your presents from everyone at the same time, so needless to say, there were a LOT of presents to be opened. You weren't quite as into it as I had thought you would be, but you did enjoy it. You loved everything. In fact, that was part of the problem. Whatever you opened, you were so interested in, you didn't really want to mess with opening anything else. We eventually had to take an intermission and have brunch before finishing up! Mommy and Daddy got you a Cozy Coupe and you loved it! You are calling it your truck and it's the first thing you talk about every morning and after nap! It's so cute, and makes us so happy that we picked something out for you that you absolutely love!! Other big hits are the dishes and food that Granny M. and Grandpa Dale sent from Arizona. You are really enjoying "cooking" and serving meals. It's very cute. You also really like your little people farm from Grandma and Grandpa and Auntie Kels and the tent from Grandma and Grandpa Ketchum. Uncle Matt got you a nice big toy box and you wanted to climb into it! It will be so nice for storing all the great toys you got for Christmas!

We really focused on Jesus this year and I pray that you always know the reason for Christmas, Chloe. Receiving gifts is great and all, but Christmas is the celebration of the birth of Jesus. He came to be a man so that He could save us and that is the greatest gift we could ever hope to have in this life, my sweet girl. I pray that you know and embrace that!

We have had some sad days since I last updated, too, Chlo. Grandma Amidon died on November 19. We are so sad that she is gone, but I'm so happy that she was able to know you, Chloe. I know you will most likely not remember her, but she will live on through all of the wonderful memories that she is a part of, and she will be spoken of often in our home. You were named to honor her, and for very good reason. She was a wonderful grandmother to me, Uncle Matt and all of our cousins, and I pray that her legacy of love and generosity will be evident to you and passed on to future generations. She was a very special lady, Chloe. And will be greatly missed.

When we went to see Great Grandpa Bob on Christmas Eve (as is our tradition), I was surprised to see a wrapped gift for you! Grandma had talked about a truck that she thought you would like to have, but I just assumed that since she had died in November, that she probably hadn't gotten it yet. Well, I was wrong! She had sent Aunt Connie all over looking for it and had it ready to go for you! It is the cutest little talking dump truck and just means the world to me! We will keep that around for years to come.

You had a very fun outing a week ago! Your first long day out without your momma! (Your momma enjoyed some peace and quiet and some cleaning that was uninterrupted, and it was glorious!) Grandma Karen and Auntie Kels and Travis took you to the mall in East Lansing and you had a great time! You had dinner and played and really enjoyed yourself! We are all looking forward to more fun times like that!

Another favorite thing right now is Sid the Science Kid. It is such a cute show and you just love it. There are some great songs that are in every episode and you absolutely love to dance to them! It is such a riot to watch you. We made a point of going to Great Grandpa Bob's one day at the time that it comes on so he, Granny M. and Aunt Connie could see you do your thing. They all got a kick out of how much you love it and what a great dancer you are!

Oh, I almost forgot. Mommy bought you a pillow for Christmas and made you a very soft fleece pillow case for it and you absolutely love it. We also gave you a bigger blanket to use and you are one cozy little girl at bedtime, these days! So cute!

Well, I suppose that brings us a little more up to date! I will surely try to update more often. You are growing and changing and learning so quickly, it's hard to keep up!

I love you, my sweet sweet girl!
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment