Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Dear Chloe,

Hi Honey!  I'm so excited to share some of your new accomplishments!  The most exciting thing happened today.  You went potty on the potty seat for the first time! Here is a blurb from my other blog that tells about how it happened:

Before I hurt my back, I was letting her sit on the potty seat every time I changed her diaper.  Once I was back to being able to lift her up on the changing table, I decided I better not press my luck or use my strength with multiple unnecessary ups and downs.  So we kind of forgot about the potty seat for awhile.  But when Daddy said she was often having accidents in the bathroom before she got into the tub, that got me thinking...  Maybe I'd try Daddy's idea of not putting her right in the tub.  Maybe, just maybe I would move the potty seat into the bathroom where she takes her bath, and maybe, just maybe I would have her sit on it for a minute while that water was running, and maybe, just maybe all that water running would get the party started.

Well.

It worked.  How about that?  Not the first night, not the second night, but indeed - the third time is a charm!  

Yes, little Chloe - you had a big first tonight!  You are still young and I don't know if it really means you are ready, but we will see where it leads.  I guess maybe I should have bought those training pants the other day!

You are also doing an awful lot of talking...  I'll try to remember as many words as I can.  You say:
daddy  - only it's pronounced daE.  It's so cute and you say it ALL THE TIME.
momma - or ma - but you don't say it much.
dog - dog
hot dog - dot dog
cheese - cheeee
grandpa - buppa - you mainly say this of grandpa weir.
room - roo
truck
elmo - melmo (emphasis on the mo)
sid
kay-kay
hot - everything is hot.  you always complain of your food being hot, the bath water and even just the water to wash your hands.  PS.  It's never actually hot.
down - dow
horsey- see  a lot of words you just do the first sound.  for some reason with horsey you only do the see.
thank you - is just tee tee.  one of my favorites.
please - pea
banana - nana
fruit - foo
peaches - I can't remember if you say pea?  i think so.
outside - side - this is your absolute favorite thing right now.  you LOVE to be outside.
up
ball
bread - bah
drink - dee
deer - dee
milk - muh

I know I'm forgetting lots...

You are really enjoying Sid the Science Kid right now too.  Daddy and I find it a little annoying, but you LOVE it.  The songs are all really cute and it's obviously very educational.  Sesame Street is still your first love...

You have been doing room time really well.  This is basically just playing in your room by yourself.  You have a been a little grouchy, due to some teething (more on that later).  Your naps are suffering and one day you didn't want to take a nap, so I was having you play in your room.  The monitor got quiet after a while, so I came to check up on you.  When I opened the door, I hit you with it!  You were laying on your blanket right inside the door, fast asleep!  I didn't know what to do, so I just stopped to see what you were going to do.  You moved a little and then went right back to sleep!  I hated to leave you on the floor, but I knew if I moved you, the nap would be over.  So I left you...  And you took a short nap, snuggled up on your blanket right there on the floor.  It was so cute!

You have the beginnings of your first molar!  You are working on at least one more, too.  You have been grouchy and your appetite has not been very good.  Poor tootsie.  You have been doing a really good job brushing your teeth every day.  As long as you brush them and let mommy help you a little, you get to ring the birdy chime in the bathroom.  You think that's super cool and say chi.  Add that one to the list...  ;)

You and I have been attending a weekly Bible study called CBS, Community Bible Study.  You absolutely love it!  And the ladies just love you!  I'm so excited to see you grow in the knowledge of Jesus, Chloe.  He is the most important person in our life and knowing Him and loving Him and serving Him is our number one priority.  I can't wait until you understand that and can participate in that.  I know we will learn as much from you as you'll learn from us.  Maybe even more.  Jesus says we have to have the faith of a little child and I can't wait to see yours, Chloe.

Well, it's way past mommy's bedtime, so I had better say good bye.   I love you very much, sweet heart!

Momma




No comments:

Post a Comment