Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Dear Chloe,

You are getting so big and your personality is developing as fast as you are.  Once daddy said, I hope Chloe is funny like her Auntie Kels...  I think he will get his wish.  Ever since you have been feeling better, you have been happy as can be.  You think every thing is so funny.  It is such a joy to hear you laugh all the time.  You love taking your socks off, and you are mighty proud of the fact that you can stand up when you have something to hang on to.  Yesterday Granny M was here, and when she went in to get you out of bed you were standing up in your crib!  That is a first!!  You also clapped your hands together for the first time yesterday.  You have been blowing bubbles, clicking your tongue and making a lot of cute noises, too.  I just love how you think you are so cool when you do those things.  It's really precious.

Mommy hasn't felt too good the past couple of days, so dad has been taking care of you.  You have been so good for him!  I'm so thankful for both of you.

I want to tell you about your name.  You are named after two very special ladies.  Chloe was your great-great grandmother.  She is my grandmother's mother.  We named you Chloe, after your great-great grandmother, in order to honor my grandma, Ellen Amidon.  She is a very special lady, and has always been a wonderful grandmother to me.  It is such a privilege to honor her, by naming you after he mother.  Your middle name is Earlene.  That was my other grandma's name.  She was grandpa Weir's mother.  She was also a very special lady.  Her and I were very close, and I can honestly say she was one of my best friends.  We loved spending time together and always enjoyed shopping, eating out, playing cards, and even just laying around her apartment watching TV.  I cherish the times we had to together.  Unfortunately, Grandma Weir died before I became pregnant for you, so she never had the joy of meeting you.  That makes me very sad, as I know she would have loved you to tiny little pieces.  I also wanted to honor her by using her name.  Some people say that she really disliked her name, but to me, it's not about that.  It's about honoring someone who was very important to me.  The meaning of the two names are also very very special.  Chloe means blooming and Earlene means noble woman.  I love the fact that your complete name means Blooming Noble Woman.  I know God has amazing plans for you, Chloe.

I love you, Chloe Earlene.

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment