Saturday, June 27, 2009

Dear Chloe,

Hi Baby!  I already know that I'm going to forget something.  I should write every week, even if there doesn't seem like much to report...  I'd be less likely to forget things.  I'll do my best.  Here we go!

You are getting so big Chloe!  Shocker, right?  I have a feeling that will always be the case.  At least for many many years, anyway.  I wish I could report that you finally have lots of hair.  I can't.  One of these days.  Of all the ways you could take after me, this is not the way I would choose!  The good news is once you get some hair, you will have a ton of it...  I just have no clue when that will be.

You are running everywhere these days, Chloe.  It is so incredibly cute.  You are so confident and we laugh about the way you swagger (we say swagga) around everywhere you go.  We love it.  We had Grandpa and Grandma Weir, Grandpa and Grandma Ketchum, Great- Grandma and Great-Granpa McKlaren, Auntie Kels and Con over for a Father's Day barbeque and you pretty much ran everyone into the ground! Everyone just loves you so much, Chlo!  No one more than me, though.

You are trying to talk a lot.  You do say momma a lot.  Since you say it at my legs when you want my attention, I'm assuming you know what you're saying now.  The other day, I was trying to finish doing the dishes and you wanted me, so you were at my knees and you were crying and saying "momma, momma".  I couldn't help but think of my Grandma, Earlene.  I remember she would tell me how hard it was for her when her kids were at that stage.  She said she would get so frustrated with only ever being called momma.  She would say, with great exasperation, "I just wanted someone to call me Earlene!"  I was thinking about that, and thought about how she would giggle if she knew that I was thinking about that at that moment.  Especially since a little someone by the name of Earlene was causing me to think it!  I'm so very sad that she never got to know you, Chloe.  She would have LOVED you.  I just know it.

You also say book.  In fact, you aren't feeling very well right now.  It's 4 o'clock in the morning and you are watching some Sesame Street while I type.  I awoke to you crying, and though I sometimes let you work out at night when you wake up, I knew you might have a fever and I wanted to check on you right away.   I got you out of your bed and sat in Grandma's chair with you and your blanket.  There were books in the chair and I asked you if you wanted to read a book.  You said, "boo" (which sounds exactly like book, just with out the k.)  So we read The Little Mermaid.  I have to say, I was pretty impressed.  It's one of your longer books, and I don't think you have sat still long enough to read the entire thing.  It's one of my favorite stories, and by far my favorite Disney movies.  Oh Disney...  We will enjoy the Disney together one day...  I can't wait! 

You've been working on saying up and down.  You get a little frustrated when you don't get what you want right away, (No idea where you get that trait from.  Ahem.) so when I ask you to say up or down before I get you up or down, it doesn't always go over really well, but we are working on it.  We're also working on please, but so far when I ask you to say it, you just nod your head yes.  I don't think it will be long and you'll be talking a lot.  I can tell you want to and that you know what you want to say.  Once those floodgates open up, it will be no turning back! Poor daddy will not be able to get a word in...

We took our first trip to the beach this week!  It finally got hot and I decided to meet up with some of the ladies and kids from church.  You finally got a chance to play with Ellliana.  She is an adorable little girl from The Freedom Center who is just 3 weeks younger than you are.  I just knew you two would play great together, and you did!  You were very unsure of the lake, but once you saw how much Elli liked it, you warmed up to the idea and splashed and played for a couple of hours!  It was great fun!  Mommy did a pretty good job with the sunscreen.  On you.  I forgot to do my back and have been in pain for the past three days, but I will survive.  I missed a small spot on your face with the sunscreen and was so worried that you would be in pain or blister up, but I don't think it was as bad as it looked.  I do think you might have a bit of weird tan, though.  Oh well, I'm just relieved that you weren't in any pain!  There is nothing worse for a mom than to know their child is in pain because of something that she has done, or failed to do.  I know I will make mistakes, but I pray that they are few and far between and that no matter what happens, that you know how much I love you and have tried to shield you from any and all physical and emotional pain.  I know there will be times, when you can't understand why daddy and I do or don't do certain things, but I want to tell you right now, Chloe.  We love you more than we ever thought was possible, and there will never be a day when we do anything for any reason other than because we think it's what's best for you.  We are human and will fail even when we have the purest motives, but I just pray that no matter what, you will always know how much we love you.  Oh, how we love you...

Love, 
Mommy


No comments:

Post a Comment