Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Dear Chloe,

I just had to write today, Chloe.  You were cracking me up, you little turkey.  I went and got my haircut today, and had to scramble to get dinner ready when I got home.  You were playing in the kitchen, but then you disappeared.  I was absorbed in my biscuits and gravy, but suddenly I realized it was awfully quiet.  I went in the living room, where I was sure I would find you with something you shouldn't have.  I was in for a surprise.  You were ON the ottoman.  Sitting there like you owned the world.  With the pepper shaker.  I ran to get daddy from the garage to see you and by the time we got back, you were standing on the ottoman.  We've since put the ottoman away for awhile...  Apparently, daddy taught you how to climb on the ottoman while I was getting my hair cut.  Thanks Daddy....

After dinner I was sitting in the living room reading on my computer, and again realized how quiet it had gotten.  I went in the kitchen to find that you had taken the bowl that had the 2 leftover biscuits and you were sitting on the floor eating them.  You were mighty proud of yourself.  

Uncle Matt is here and has been staying with us for a couple of weeks.  You LOVE your Uncle Matt.  I knew you would.  You love to climb on him and have him pick you up.  He is also an expert wagon puller.  It makes me so happy to see that you love him as much as I do!  I'm so glad he has been able to be here with us.

Today we were outside and I had you in the stroller.  I was riding my bike around you and you thought that was pretty cool.  I put you in the Ergo carrier and took you for a ride on my bike.  We went down the big hill and you laughed and thought it was very fun!  We'll have to do that more often.  Soon you'll be big enough to get your own bike!

We went up north with Auntie Kels for a couple of days.  You did pretty good, despite the long car rides and mixed up schedule.  Our last night there, you had a bad night and we had to trek into Cadillac to get some Tylenol.  I saw today that you do have a tooth popping through, so I assume that's what the problem was.  We brought along the Silly Songs for Kids and you really enjoyed listening to that while driving.  Kels and I grew rather weary of it, but it was better than listen to you hoot.  You were not a big fan of the long car rides.  You would take a short nap, but then you were ready to be out of that car seat.  Poor kid.  Hopefully it'll get better as you get older.

You also had your first night away from Mommy and Daddy.  Grandma Ketchum came and spent the night with you so Daddy and I could go sailing with our friends.  We had a great time and you had a great time!  I think you will be spending lots of time with Grandma Ketchum...  ;)

You haven't been saying too much...  We're still working on up and down.  I think it frustrates you when you know that I know what you want and I don't just do it.  You kind of squeal and pitch a fit...  Not a pretty picture.  We'll be working on that too...  You do say cheese.    Well, actually chee.  But I know what you mean.  ;)

Well, I think that's all for now, Chloe.

I love you, 
Mommy

1 comment:

  1. This is a fabulous idea. I do this quite a bit for my Grandkids but I'd tell ya to make sure to make a copy and store it somewhere else. I lost everything on a previous blog host a few years back and it still just upsets me. Now I try to do a cut and paste and get a physical copy of what I wrote which works good with scrapbooking along with a relevant photo when I have one.

    ReplyDelete